2020 NBA Mock draft 1.0- wiseman to warriors
1. james wiseman | 7'1" 240 | center | freshman | Memphis
2. Killian hayes | 6'5" 195 | Point guard | freshman | ratiopharm ulm
3. anthony edwards | 6'5" 225 | shooting guard | freshman | georgia
4. Isaac okoro | 6'5" 225 | small forward | freshman | auburn
5. LaMELO BALL | 6'7" 190 | point guard | international | ILLawara hawks
6. Deni avdija | 6'9" 215 | small forward | international | Maccabi tel aviv
7. Tyrese haliburton | 6'7" 175 | point guard | sophomore | Iowa state
8. Onyeka okongwu | 6'9" 245 | Center | freshman | USC
9. Cole Anthony | 6'3" 190 | point guard | freshman | North Carolina
10. OBi ToPPIN | 6'9" 220 | power forward | Sophomore | Dayton
11. R.j hampton | 6'5" 190 | combo guard | international | New zealand breakers
12. Jaden McDaniels | 6'9" 200 | small forward | freshman | washington
13. Tyrese maxey| 6'2" 190 | point guard | freshman | Kentucky
14. Precious achiuwa | 6'9" 225 | power forward| freshman | Memphis
15. aaron nesmith | 6'6" 215 | Small forward| Sophomore | Vanderbilt
16. Saddiq Bey | 6'8" 215 | Combo forward| Sophomore | Villanova
17. aleksej pokusevski | 7'0" 195 | Center| International | Olympiacos B
18. devin vassel l| 6'7" 195 | Small forward| Sophomore | florida State
19. kira lewis | 6'3" 170 | point guard| Sophomore | alabama
20. paul reed| 6'9" 210 | power forward| junior | depaul
21. jahmi'us ramsey | 6'4" 195 | Shooting guard| freshman| texas tech
22. TYRELL TERRY | 6'1" 160 | POINT GUARD| FRESHMAN| STANFORD
23. PATRICK WILLIAMS | 6'8" 225 | Small forward| FRESHMAN | FLORIDA STATE
24. LEANDRO BOLMARO | 6'8" 195 | Small forward| INTERNATIONAL | BARCELONA
25. JALEN SMITH| 6'10" 225 | CENTER| Sophomore | MARYLAND
26. NICO MANNION | 6'3" 180 | POINT GUARD| FRESHMAN | ARIZONA
27. TYLER BEY | 6'7" 215 | Small forward| JUNIOR | COLORADO
28. JOSH GREEN | 6'6" 205 | Small forward| FRESHMAN| ARIZONA
29. DESMOND BANE | 6'5" 215 | SHOOTING GUARD| SENIOR| TCU
30. VERNON CAREY, JR| 6'10" 265 | CENTER| FRESHMAN| DUKE
DAYS UNTIL 2020 NBA DRAFT
NBA DRAFT JUNKIES PODCAST
Latest video breakdowns
NBA draft junkies MY GM
NBA draft junkies draft prep series
I wanted to create a video series covering the top freshman prospects for the 2020 NBA draft and track their progress through their likely one and only season playing college basketball.
I named this series after Kanye West's "Freshman Adjustment" mixtape series from the early 2000's. This was back when a Polo bear wearing Kanye was hungry and determined to earn respect as a rapper and wanted to get out of the box of being labeled a producer.
I personally feel like Kanye in 2001 with my YouTube channel and website, so I decided to create this series to honor the pre Kardashian Ye from Chicago.
"The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" was one of my favorite tracks from the "Freshman Adjustment" series and will serve as the soundtrack for the video breakdowns.
*Note* For some prospects it will be hard to find video to support all 3 themes
Behind the numbers
2020 NBA draft junkies prospect Scouting videos
2020 NBA draft junkies prospect INTERVIEWS
NBA draft junkies vlog : My journey to new zealand
R.J Hampton vs LaMelo Ball
I flew all the way to Auckland, New Zealand to live scout two projected 2020 NBA draft lottery picks in R.J Hampton and LaMelo Ball.
In this vlog, I document my lengthy 20+ hours of travel time and my difficulties getting a media credential. Being denied a media credential motivated me even more to make the best draft content in the world.
I thought both prospects played okay and showed the strengths that have them highly touted, but also their weakness and areas of improvement.
In this video I have nearly every possession both players touched the ball..
I was disappointed with LaMelo's pre game activity, he did not seem like he was focused or knew the magnitude of this audition in front of NBA scouts and execs. He got off to a very slow start and spent a significant time on the bench early in the game.. He picked it up in the 3rd quarter and showed his handle, creativity, passing instincts and even threw down an impressive tip dunk off an Aaron Brooks miss. Melo finished 3-13 with with 10 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals and 5 turnovers..
Hampton got off to a strong start and with a block on Melo, a nice touch pass assist in transition and a driving layup that I missed on camera..... R.J is on a much more talented team so his role is a lot different than LaMelo's. I thought RJ did a good job of defending and letting the game come to him. Melo got the best of him in the 3rd, but RJ had a strong finish (although the game had already been decided) and displayed the speed in transition and the lightning first step that made him a big time scorer on the prep level.
Hampton finished with 8 points on 4-9 FG with 7 rebounds and 3 assists while his team cruised to an easy victory..
All video shot and edited by Rafael Barlowe
2020 international prospects Scouting videos
Court vision breakdown on 2020 NBA draft prospect Théo Maledon from France. Maledon is a highly decorated point guard out of France that projects to be able to play both guards spots in the NBA with his size, ball handling, court vision and potential as a shooter. In his short career he's been able to combine team (French Cup and Pro A championships) and individual success (Best Young Player in France, All-Star appearance and French Cup Finals MVP) before turning 18 years old. Maledon is a high level passer that plays with great pace and has an advanced feel for the pick & roll game. His court vision and passing instincts are his best asset at this stage in his career, as he's shown the ability to find open shooters, hit cutters and make reads rarely seen from prospect so young. Maledon is a prospect I'll be paying a lot of attention to during the 2019-20 season, as his ASVEL team will be playing in the EuroLeague.
Nikita Mikhailovskii was one of my favorite prospects I scouted live this summer. I'm not sure if he enters the 2020 draft, but I could see him getting selected as high as in the middle of the first round if he has a good season in the competitive VTB league. Mikhailovskii's offensive versatility is what makes him an intriguing NBA prospect. He's what I call "skinny tough."Despite being slim, he plays with a toughness, aggression and confidence that should make him dangerous once his body catches up to his mind. One of his best attributes is he's a strong rebounder from the wing position and is a threat to turn missed shots into fast breaks. Listed at 6'7 or 6'8", Mikhailovskii is a creative slasher with some advanced ball handling moves and a high risk high reward passer that plays with a touch of flare. If he can improve his consistency as a shooter, he should hear his name called in the first round next June.